Sunday, 24 January 2010

Haiti

Starting these off again after some recent goings on

The recent earthquake in Haiti is in the record books as one of the largest natural disasters known to man. So far, over one hundred and fifty THOUSAND bodies have been buried, according to the government. Here is an alarming quote I lifted from a hit off Google:

"Nobody knows how many bodies are buried in the rubble — 200,000? 300,000? Who knows the overall death toll?" said the official, Communications Minister Marie-Laurence Jocelyn Lassegue.

Port-au-Prince, the capital, had a population of 1,082,800 before the earthquake, so that means that literally 1 in 5 people are dead, that's quite outstanding. For fuck sake, the last time that many people died a nuclear bomb was dropped, something's going on. How long until a major international city such as Tokyo or Los Angeles gets completely wiped off the face of the fucking planet? The damage done to the city of Port-au-Prince is pretty incredible, I severely doubt there will be much activity there for at least a couple of decades, the whole fucking city is full of bricks and dead people. If this happened to a city as important to the world like LA or Tokyo (which are both near fault lines in the tectonic plates, Tokyo sitting in the middle of a joining of 3), the amount of global chaos that would ensue would be unbelievable. Can all these recent disaster movies at the cinema come a reality? It's on the fucking news. Films portray recent goings on, there's a film about 9/11 and countless other films re-enacting important events, think about how many fucking war films there are. We are breaking our planet and we know it.

Wow, just re-read that paragraph and it what a way to shit in a sandwich that is. Try read that in the morning and have a good day. No way. Didn't really come on here to make people wanna jump so I'll try get back to the original retarded thoughts I had bubbling away up there when I turned on this fucking thing because I couldn't sleep. Even though this is one of the single biggest natural disasters in the history of mankind, what have you personally done for the people of Haiti? This isn't a guilt trip, I haven't done a fucking thing believe you me, the closest I've heard from anyone I know saying they did something good for Haiti was go to a rave in aid of them. Wow, so you won't help them out of the blue, but if they put on a sick night for you and your mates to go and get completely off your trolley at you're all for it. Nice. I can't be bothered to do any gnarly math right now, (it's 4 in the fucking morning even if there is a calculator button in the top right hand corner of my keyboard) but if everyone in the world who could afford to give like a quid or something did, these people would be in haiti would be driving round in ferrari's or something. OK, maybe not to that extent, but there's 6 billion people in the world for crying out loud. Thing is, there's all this shit about they ain't even getting aid so it's not like i'll be putting a pound into the box at greggs in luusham anytime soon, that pound coin is strictly for steaky bakey purposes. mmmmmmmmmmmm

Expect a couple more of these from now on, I doubt they'll be daily (hell it was my new year's resolution to not just switch on my xbox as soon as I fucking got in from work and just nerd out on it till bedtime) but I'll try keep it like twice a week or something, maybe even go a bit more personal than just the random shit that I used to post up on here last year (re-read some of those earlier... wow memories), I'm not sure. Looked about at some other people's (a certain ex girlfriend of mister john nash petherbridge) and wow that is some next level of stalk. I felt kind of abused to be honest, maybe it was just that one. Shit already got a bit too personal, might get in trouble for that. Better quit while I can.

More thinking less drinking?

James

No comments:

Post a Comment