Monday, 20 April 2009

Beginning

So I've decided to make one of these. Mainly because there's so much stuff going on in my brain at the moment that I thought if I write it down it might actually make sense, or maybe make even less. I've tried writing it down on paper before, but they just end up getting lost, or lay about the place making mess. Plus we live in an age now where even tiny children know how to work iPods, the world is becoming so technically advanced that soon they are even talking about turning our thoughts digital, which would make this post fairly obsolete............

First and foremost, this is not going to be a blog where I tell you what I had for breakfast, what shoes I put on in the morning, or who I saw on the TV whilst eating a packet of fried potatoes (I don't even eat fried potatoes.... I eat crisps!). This is more going to be a place where I can notate down my observations on what is currently going on in the world that we live in, although there may be some things in here where I relate to something that happened in my day that made me think in a different way. I came up with a basic idea to keep the posts sort of theme based, but who knows how long that idea will actually work for, or if it will work at all.

I realise that by making one of these I am undoubtedly entering myself into a culture of 'bloggers'. Don't get me wrong, I do read this website from time to time, mostly SquareOne (squareoneuk.blogspot.com), but do read a couple others on occasion. Some of the people that people put up here are a complete waste of space, yet the nature of these spaces is that people read them to find out about other people's lives, I don't know why maybe their life isn't that interesting so they feel the need to borrow on someone elses (which they gladly accept... unfortunately). This whole cycle breeds a certain kind of person that I can only describe as (forgive the crudeness) 'The Camberwell Arts College Kid'. Now don't get me wrong, I am sure that Camberwell Arts College is a fantastic place to learn (I wouldn't know, I'm not into Art... that much). However, I'm guessing people go there to learn about Art and augment their individuality, yet everyone who I've ever met from there has been the same person. Same pointy shoes, same skinny jeans, same trendy jacket or T-Shirt, same packet of Marlboro Lights. Okay, occasionally you might see some Camel Blue, but the point is you would never see someone from there smoking a packet of Sovereign (that's not actually the point I was trying to make.... wow this blog shit is harder than it looks). Where was I... oh yeah originality. Yea so I'm guessing people go there to be individual and cool but to everyone else they are exactly the same as eachother, just clones with an artsy attitude. Which is what some blogs are! Finally I've come full circle.

Joking aside, if you are planning to go to Camberwell Arts College I'm not hating on you as a person, just the kind of attitude and the people that a place like that creates just doesn't seem right to me. I'm sure there are some great artists who have come out of that place, but I wouldn't know a single one of them, and for every successful person to come out of that place I would put money on 20 more being broke and poor and living in a squat right now. AND STOP SMOKING ON THE FUCKING STEPS.

So my first post turned into a hate up on Camberwell Arts College, who knows what the rest might bring. Also while you are reading this remember that this is entirely my own opinions and feelings, I'm sure you have opinions and feelings about other things that are equally as bad, I've just chosen to share them with you.

Enough hating more skating.

James

No comments:

Post a Comment